- MME Force Add Procedures
- Masters of Science in Computational Science and Engineering
- 1/10/13 - Congratulations to Osama Ettouney on the recent publication of his book, Portraits from Cairo of the 1970's
- 12/2012 - Congratulations to Andrew Sommers on being named by Ohio Magazine as a 2012 Excellence in Education Honoree
- 11/9/12 - Congratulations to Meg Riley - Mechanical Engineering major - on being named to the 2012 Capital One/CoSIDA Volleyball Academic All-District V Division I First Team
- 11/3/12 - Congratulations to Christina Heston - Mechanical Engineering major - and the Miami University Field Hockey Team on winning Miami's FIRST Mid-American Conference Tournament Championship.
- 11/3/12 - Congratulations to Meg Riley - Mechanical Engineering major - on her 18th double double of the 2012 Volleyball Season.
- 9/6/12 - Congratulations to Jarrod Eick, Senior - Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Management double major - named Miami University Athlete of the Week and MAC Runner of the Week
- 8/31/12 - MME student - Clair Christofersen, intern at the National Center of Atmospheric Research spent 11 weeks this summer Validating Computational Fluid Dynamics Models of Supercomputing Environments
- 8/30/2012 - Congratulations to Nikki Fisher, Engineering Management - Manufacturing sophomore, recipient of a Department of Defense SMART Scholarship
- Summer 2012 - Congratulations to Dr. Amit Shukla, recipient of a 2012 SEAS Research Award
- 7/20/2012 - Congratulations to Team Anklebiter - our Lunabotics Mining Competition Team on a job well done!
- 5/5/2012 - Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Sommers on being awarded the Arthur Olson Generational Excellence Teaching Award
- 9/19/2011 - NASA URSP Intern, Lyndsey McMillon, "Designs Solar Powered Smart Windows"
- 4/25/2011 - MME student, Lyndsey McMillon, URSP Intern Helps to Harness the Power of the Sun
- 4/20/2011 - PharynMed plans to develop, market and sell the patent-pending device invented by Donna Scarborough, associate professor of Speech Pathology & Audiology and Michael Bailey-Van Kuren, associate professor of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering. Additional news article (5/16/2011)
- 3/17/2011 - Anna Dollar wins Ohio Faculty Innovator Award (3/10/2011) and Outstanding Teacher Award from ASEE (3/17/2011)
- 2/12/2009 - Dr. Shukla in the news
The primary mission of the Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Department is to provide quality graduates to meet societal and industrial needs. Contemporary society's and industry's problems are not only technical, but also social and economic. Our Department provides graduates with in-depth education in mathematics, science, engineering science, manufacturing processes and methods, and engineering design, as well as requiring a broad education in computing, business, and liberal arts. The Department is committed to excellence in undergraduate education: student learning, classroom effectiveness, assessment, engineering design integration, and student advising. (Complete Mission Statement)
Manufacturing Engineering Program - Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21201-4012, telephone: 410-347-7700. Website: www.abet.org.
Mechanical Engineering Program - Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21201-4012, telephone: 410-347-7700. Website: www.abet.org.
Engineering Management with a Manufacturing Engineering Technical Specialty
This link will take you to the Department's Strategic Plan including educational educational objectives and program outcomes.
Contact Us:Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
56 Engineering Building (MSC1078)
School of Engineering & Applied Science
Oxford, OH 45056-1462 Voice: (513) 529.0710
Fax: (513) 529.0717